Is my money safe with HiFX?
HiFX Australia Pty Limited is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, AFS Licence No. 240917.
Security of Funds
All funds received by HiFX from Clients and Hedge Counter parties or which are paid by HiFX to Clients and Hedge Counter parties (including Sold Currency, Bought Currency and Margins) will be received into and paid out of our segregated Security Trust Accounts. HiFX considers client protection to be of paramount importance and our treatment of monies received from clients provides significantly more protection than others provide. HiFX has granted for the benefit of its clients a registered first ranking security (held by an independent Trustee) over:
(a) the Security Trust Accounts; and
(b) HiFX’s rights under its Hedge Contracts, (including in respect of payments by way of security or collateral as support for HiFX's obligations under its Hedge Contracts)
HiFX Online uses VeriSign – the system preferred by 97% of the World’s top 100 banks and 93% of Fortune 500 companies. VeriSign is also used billions of times a day by companies and consumers across the World.
Security of Funds
When buying or selling currency with us, your funds are held either in pooled client trust bank accounts or are held at one of our counterparty brokers as cash in transit or collateral to meet our obligations relating to clients’ trades. Funds can be used to fulfill the contractual obligations of our clients but will never be anywhere other than:
- In the segregated client accounts
- With our banking counterparties
- In transit i.e. being sent
Some additional facts and figures about HiFX include:
- Last year HiFX advised on and executed over $14.5 billion in foreign exchange and is trusted by over 40,000 people and 2,000 corporate clients each year around the world.
- We have an exceptionally strong balance sheet and no debt.
- HiFX has offices in both the northern and southern hemispheres and a workforce of over 200 employees.
- We have in excess of $3 billion placed on the Money Markets on behalf of our commercial customers.